Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

S P A C E P I R A T E S

Which I'm already doing in a TTRPG group right now, but it's always struck me as a fun genre.

Every so often an old idea for a Pokemon RP centered around desert exploration and reliving ancient history instead of gym challenge'ing pops into my head. I've tried running it a few times, but it never seems to take off.

Short, high fatality RPs like I used to do. Usually military or zombie escape scenarios.

Every so often an old idea for a Pokemon RP centered around desert exploration and reliving ancient history instead of gym challenge'ing pops into my head. I've tried running it a few times, but it never seems to take off.
I had a similar idea to this, but in a different fandom (RWBY). This honestly sounds really cool!

This is an idea that just came to me, but it could be interesting. Basically I was reading about Mt. Everest and all the climbers who have died trying to scale it. A lot of the corpses remain on the mountain. Keeping that in mind it could be an intriguing premise for a horror RP: a group of climbers, completely isolated from everything else due to being at extremely high altitudes, having to face the challenges of not only the natural elements against them but also some sort of supernatural threat.

• rough cowboy type & scholarly intellectual (and outsider to the 'wild west) are forced to work together toward some end. potentially stranded in the wilderness together. historical, 1x1.
  • a group of young adults go on a road trip together. probably friends who grew apart after high school / university, and all of them are trying to escape from something they're grappling with in their lives. modern (80s/90s small group)
  • a pack of mallrats find themselves in their usual hangout, only something's wrong. super liminal vibes. weirdcore. no one else in the mall. the wings and overall layout change. random floods. one wing is destroyed completely. shadows around the corners and an overall, pervasive sense of 'wrongness.' (shmedium group)
  • a midwestern gothic hotel california situation. like the road trip story, everyone checked in while in the midst of something they were dealing with in their life. once they check in, they find themselves trapped in a strange loop they're increasingly cognizant of. beyond the pines they can see an apparently abandoned radio tower; the only clues as to what's happening and how to fix it come from a mysterious broadcast from said station. (small to medium group)

I've got some qualms about it, but I've considered such an rp many times: All of the faceclaims are AI generated, picked specifically because they look creepy or surreal, and most if not all of the foibles of the images are taken literally and not overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back