Other Random question of the day

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

What's the most toxic fandom you've ever been part of?
Oml, definitely the Miraculous ladybug fandom. It was the thing that got me into roleplaying, and lets just say I shipped some not ok, and definitely not cannon this (Which still aren't cannon)...

The expression “the grass is greener on the other side” is an ironic or even sarcastic phrase. It mocks this petty attitude of never seeing the good one has things by always looking at some way some other has it better. “The grass is greener” is something which generally doesn’t matter or may even just outright be nonsense. Hence “the grass is always greener on the other side” is neither true nor intends to be.

As for the other phrase, it’s not always true, just often true.

What are some difficulties you have with fandom roleplaying that everyone else doesn't?
Staying in character. I normally like playing canon characters because their design is already created, and we already have examples of their behavior. HOWEVER some characters I play are more complex. I do love complex characters, but my brain is the size (and shape) of a raisin, and that makes it hard to put myself in their shoes as I am still an amateur roleplayer.

What are some difficulties you have with fandom roleplaying that everyone else doesn’t

Interpreting romance, and sticking with personalities. Sometimes, I just put myself in the situation instead of my oc and they end up acting differently than, realistically, they would

What are some difficulties you have with fandom roleplaying that everyone else doesn't?

I can't think of any and I don't think people would have them. It's true to most things in life that no difficulty one has is, at least not in kind, something that is unique to them. Other people do have those kinds of difficulty as well, though it may or not be as rare or more common than one thinks, with all that entails.

Is it true that Cosmo gives bad dating advice on purpose so that there will be more single women to buy their magazines?

Don't know about that specific magazine, but going by guesswork I suppose it isn't impossible. That being said, the idea that magazines give bad advice because good advice is not what people want to hear/read passes the Occam's Razor test much better. Long-lasting relationships will often be built on fundamentals: Communication, responsibility, mutual respect, dedication, caring, compromise and probably a few more things that aren't coming to mind. Things that don't fit a one-size-fits-all list of tips and tricks to easily solve life's problems.

Is it true that Cosmo gives bad dating advice on purpose so that there will be more single women to buy their magazines?
I misread this as Costco, so I will answer as such.
A giant cookie and a reasonably priced hot dog and drink do not make for an adequate first date. But it works against Costco’s best interests to discourage romance, as families are the ones who tend to buy in bulk
(I don’t know what Cosmo is)

Which fictional child is the worst of all fictional children (In your opinion)?
I know the question is of one fictional child is the worst kid. I’m gonna go with Megan Parker from Drake and Josh too I know it’s just a show she narrowly killed her brothers with her pranks and attempts on their lives. Megan is a psychopath but her parents are too blind to who she really is to the point they’re written as dumbasses..

An eternal loop where birthdays become nothing more than reminders of how much longer until you die, and where every nickel is something to be treasured. In hindsight the maturity and independence sounds fun, until you experience it and realize you’d rather get fed than feed yourself because of all that arthritis

As someone who was unlikely to survive to adulthood, and has made it anyways, I've discovered it's an incredible gift. I'm so excited to see what else it has to offer as I dive farther and farther in.

What does tabletop roleplay have that makes it currently so popular compared to forum based roleplay?
  • More well known (celebrity / video popularity from things like Critical Role or Stranger Things). In addition, tabletop is more visible and advertised.
  • The game aspect can compensate where a person isn't as into the roleplay itself
  • Effort difference. Unless you are a GM, odds are you won't have to write much more than your character sheet, and even then there's tools like D&D beyond or such that mean you don't even need to write that. Compared to the needs of a post.
  • If you can actually get a group together to play, session play means you get immediate and organic responses.
  • It's arguably more of a social experience than forum roleplay.
  • Popularity is an exponential function. As something becomes more popular it attracts more people who in turn contribute to it becoming even more popular. There's a ceiling to these things and it's not necessarily self-sustaining, but when it undergoes a growth spurt it feeds into itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back