Other What are books you read to get inspired! <3

Witcher Series helps me. What about yourself?
Oh the Witcher series is really good!
I'm not certain. Nothing really has that bite to it! I have been listening to Stephen Fry Mythos which is entertaining

The Last Unicorn is one of my favorites! The prose is so poetic and beautiful. I also really enjoy the songs that Beagle wrote such as None but a Harper and The Way I Behaved. Schmendrick, Molly Grue, King Haggard all have some really memorable quotes too.

Kind of a gimmie but The Picture of Dorian Gray. I don't think I could put it into words better than the various English majors who love this book.
Moby Dick and Candide as well! Great pieces of literature that show you don't need to be 100% serious all the time to write something great. (And Catch 22 to a degree)
Flowers for Algernon has a unique use of perspective, and has been a great inspiration for getting into the mindset of my character.
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice have some of my favorite use of purple prose even though I don't use it much except to emphasize dramatic scenes or if I'm playing a character who thinks like that.

I also really like the divine by mistake series. It's like a guilty pleasure. Although it's such a hokey pokey series it sort of gives you permission to feel transformed into a world where you are a goddess.

Interesting to know what others use for inspiration with these novels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back