Journal Tattoo

Hi guys, so I have recently enlisted in the US Army and will be shipping out soon. But! They have changed the rules in the area of tattoos and they must be small and easily concealed on my body. I would like to hear from the creative minds on this site as to where I should get my tattoo and what tattoo I should get. Any ideas are welcome so idea away!

I went into the Marines with tatts. So I understand, they just can't be seen while wearing our PT gear.

So here's an hooah from a marine (oorah!)

Now back to the tatt, I suggest something small around the arm and chest, perhaps an animal, quote, or artistic expression. I have my spirit animal****** on my right shoulder.

Oorah Marine, thanks for your advice. Ours pretty much say we can have whatever, but they cannot be past our elbows or knees and neck or face. They suggest we get white ink tats since they are more easioy concealed, but I'mpale to begin with so I'd rather not go down that road.

I know they suggest it, but I wouldn't do any color in's while in service. A lot of colors don't show on my skin out side of dark one's, but I know people tend to change their mind and want to cover up or add to tatts. So if you're going to get a small one, stay away from the color in's until you're out. If you're making a career out of it, I honestly don't suggest getting a tatt at all.

I don't really plan on getting color, just black is fine with me. As for career, not so much as I wanted to join to do service because I have been wanting to serve, but I am also putting myself through college studying Ancient history and lost languages. I'll be working as an Interpreter Translator for them while getting my schooling on the side.

As for that tat again though, I'll probably put it on my back, but make it something uber simple.

I'm getting discharged from the marines soon. I was in a pilot program (by pilot i mean like test) and I can't say much else about it, besides the fact i trained me to be a fighter pilot. Well I was going to make it a career until I got injured recently, and i'll be getting my ph.d starting next fall. All at the young age of 22.

That sounds like a good plan though. I think you know where your'e going, any ideas about what it'll be?

Oh wow, hope you'll be getting off that injury soon. What is your degree going to be in?

I'm not entirely sure. Most of the languages I speak are European, a couple of old languages and I speak a little Arabic, so I stand a good chance of going overseas which I am aiming for. I plan to finish ny eight year contract and probaby switch to Reserves for a while, just to keep myself in.

It'll be in Computer Science. :3 Hoping to get a military contract as a civilian consultant though.

Overseas, I've only flown overseas and been on carriers over seas, never made landfall.

Sounds great, thats a good job to have.

Yeah, I am hoping to be based in Italy or Germany, my cousin's husband actually was the only one of his platoon to be based overseas in Germany which was a shocker. All I can do is put in my requests at basic and AIT and work my tail off to get it.

You speak Italian? that's my second language, though I'm out of practice from using it. We had a flight op with an Italian one time, it was interesting hearing how bad I've gotten.

It's honestly no need for us pilots to be sent overseas. We can get to almost anywhere in the world from America in a couple of hours max.

I speak a little Italian. My best languages are French, Latin, Greek classic and modern, Turkish and Egyptian Arabic. Italian I am just now starting to get the hang of.

True true, the beauty of my MOS is that they can send me wherever and I'm still useful, I got really lucky.

Just know, being on a carrier for more than a couple days is the worst thing ever. And pray that you never have to do it. God, I'm a Marine and I hate that.

I was based off in California when I wasn't attending school.

I've heard, and lord I am hoping I won't have to go through that. Sucks that you had to and a lot of others too.

California is pretty nice, I'll be going to Oklahoma for basic.

I don't see how sailors do it. It's terrible haaha.

Oh cool, I went to OCS at the ripe age of 18 (again i'm in a program i cant' tell you much about) and it was in virginia. Then aviation school was in florida, and fort worth texas if i remember correct. All i did in my spare time was ride my bike on the highways when I was in california.

That is why I didn't go navy, I have nooo idea how they can bear all that time out there.

Yeah, I am 17, and basically I am the weird child who strangely knows what I want to do while the rest of my awful generation is fighting for spots on MTV and shooting out babies. Its awful.

Your generation is awful, just awful. Yes, I don't consider us apart of the same generation. But I'm glad you have some direction. I've been wanting to be a fighter pilot since I was young, my first time seeing TopGun.

Oh its fine, you are older by five years so that is a bit off.

My generation is awful and I find that I take more comfort in having teachers as people to talk to because frankly, drama and teen pregnancies are a constant topic where I am and I don't have any interests in it.

I've wanted to study Ancient History and learn languages since I took a trip to the Parthenon in Nashville. The service is just a bonus and even still I get to do what I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back