• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP is set on a post-apocalyptic Earth. It is the world long after a nuclear war has ravaged the planet. Little is left of our once great civilization. We are simply known as the Ancients. What has risen from the ashes is a world not unlike Westeros.

I will be looking for people to create nations. Westeros had the Seven Kingdoms, plus the Free Cities, and a couple other locations. I will be dividing up the world in a similar fashion.

I may take on a couple co-GMs. But I will have very strict requirements to qualify. I am probably going to have to create a Discord for OOC, though I will have one here as well. Anyway, here are some thoughts about the setting in general.

Technology
Pretty close to what they had in Game of Thrones.

There are rumors that people who have tried to discover how secrets of the Ancients suffer one of a few different fates. Some vanish, never to be seen again. Some dying of a horrible wasting disease. Cities which have harbored such research - even unknowingly have been known to suffer the Wrath of the Gods. (Think Sodom and Gomorrah.) For this reason, many kingdoms have forbidden such research as Treason - punishable by death.

Magic
Not planning to try to copy the mother of dragons, ice zombies, or anything else from GoT. Instead I may turn Magics into the new sciences.

Alchemy = Chemistry
Astrology = Astronomy

Artificers (3 kinds: Weaponsmith, Military (siege weapons), and Jewelcrafters)

Map
There was a brief ice age.

Panama Canal now a Poison Sea
The Suez Peninsula is now a Poison Sea.
Chain of Fire is still overactive.

Kingdom Locations
Europe
SE Asia

Mediterranean

Fertile Crescent and N Africa

S Africa
Aussie

NE America
SE America
Amazon Basin

Mutants
Also under consideration. So many old 60s and 70s even early 80s post apocalyptic movies had morlock type mutants. Basically I just think we need something to plague human expansion, filling the role of orcs, trolls and such.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back