• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter Prompts & Characters

Welcome to Hogwarts!

I am working my way through the series after a VERY long time and am reading my way through the Goblet of Fire.

First, about myself as a Roleplayer and what I am looking for in my potential partners:
1. Please be active.
2. I have learning and compression disorders so I may not understand what you are trying to portray to me all the time.
3. I have a morning job during the week so I'm more active during the afternoon / evenings and weekends.
4. I am ditch friendly.
5. I am looking for those who can provide at least 2 - 3+ paragraphs per post. I WILL ask for a writing sample.
6. I am looking for this to be OC / CC.
7. My best characters I could write as are Harry or Hermoine.
8. I ask that THIRD person be used during roleplay; first is awkward for me.
9. Please use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; I want to be able to easily read and understand what you are trying to write for me.
10. NEVER control my character(s) without my permission first.
11. For character images / face claims, I generally prefer digital or anime style.
12. I ONLY roleplay over Private Messages.
13. I enjoy chatting with my partners outside of our roleplay.

PLOT PROMPTS / IDEAS
Plot 1: Finally, she has been accepted to Hogwarts. It's a proud time for Gina Grayson's parents. It's not until she hears the rumors on the train and sees him for herself that she realizes that she is attending the new school year with Harry Potter. She can't believe her luck when she is sorted into the same house as he is.

Plot 2: It's time for the Triwizard Tournament! During the second task, Dawn Day is taken by the merpeople and Harry Potter helps Cedric Diggory save her. For she is Cedric Diggory's girlfriend. While she doesn't cheer for Harry, she is grateful for him helping Cedric save her from the merpeople.

Plot 3: Having had her IQ tested at an early age, it was discovered her numbers were far above the Genius level. She excels in Academics and is the current number one player of Wizard's Chess. She learns that she will be attending Hogwarts the same year as the famous Harry Potter and quickly becomes best friends with him and Ron and is always defeating Ron at a game of Wizard's Chess.

Plot 4: Being accepted at Hogwarts, Silvia is delivered by the Malfoy's with Draco and friends. While she isn't mean to Harry, she is hardly a fan of him. Even less so when she discovers she shares the same birthday as he does. Knowing that she is a half-vampire, Professor Snape takes Silvia under his wing, for she excels at his Potion Classes and eventually the Dark Arts classes, even going so far as to make her blood potions to drink when normal food doesn't quite sate her thirst.

OC CHARACTERS
Gina Grayson

8c3672ae-845a-4e6f-be7e-07774d57cc6e

Birthday:
Sexuality: Straight
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers, Witch
Skin: White
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Gray
Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 124LBS

Lineage: Pureblood

Personality: Brave, Determined, Intelligent, Kind, Honest, Loyal, Strong Minded, Strong Willed

Personal Story: Living with her parents, it's a proud day when she is accepted to Hogwarts. Especially the same year as Harry Potter. She has been so excited to start her journey and education at Hogwarts, and discovers she is a natural flyer on a broom and a good duelist. She becomes steadfast and loyal friends with Harry and Ron.

Romantic Interest: Harry Potter

House: Gryffindor

Quidditch Player: Yes
Position: Chaser

Pet: Male Great Horned Owl
Name: Talon
297363481-480px.jpg

Best Classes:
Core Classes: Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dueling, Flying, History of Magic, Transfiguration
3rd - 5th: Care of Magical Creatures, Divination
6th & 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition

Boggart Fear: Voldemort

Patronus: Chestnut Stallion
A chestnut stallion is a horse with attitude! He is fearless, fiercely protecting his master. A headstrong fellow, this horse will stand his ground between you and Dementors until his enormous stores of energy send him charging down the Dementors in a frenzied gallop! He will lend you his strength and stand strong against the darkness.

WAND:
Wood: Mahogany
Mahogany is a good all-around wood, not particularly powerful in any one situation, but a good solid overall wood.

Core: Unicorn Hair
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Length: 11 Inches

Flexibility: Solid
images

Dawn Day (This Character Is Based Off The Real Me Behind The Screen With A Harry Potter Twist)
bfcdfcaa7a404477ad23071efc2f4e9e.jpeg

Birthday: September 27th
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 130LBS

Lineage: Muggle Born

Personality: Kind, Punctual, Honest, Loyal, Creative, Animal Lover, Observant, Naturally Charming, Good Instincts, Shy, Quiet, Animal Lover

Personality: It was discovered she was a Witch when she was surrounded by her toys floating all around her room when she was a baby. Dawn is a very kind person and people naturally gravitate towards her because she is kind and well-liked. She has good instincts and can easily read people. Sometimes she gets glimpses of things that will happen before they happen or has dreams about upcoming events, seeming to have the Sight. She also loves animals and is good at herbology.

Romantic Interest: Cedric Diggory

House: Hufflepuff

Position: Seeker

Pet: Male Tabby Cat
Name: Mr. Whiskers
foobkdpaz4o71.jpg

Best Classes:
Core Classes: Astronomy, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Flying, Herbology, Transfiguration
3rd - 5th Year: Divination, Study of Ancient Ruins
6th & 7th Year: Apparition, Art / Muggle Art

Boggart Fear: Spiders

Patronus: West Highlander Terrier
West Highland White Terriers, or Westies as they’re affectionately known, are full of character. When they’re not keeping themselves busy with their entertaining antics, these dogs are highly alert and sensitive to change. They can often sense the change in the atmosphere before any witch or wizard is aware a Dementor may be close, meaning they are always ready when you may call on them for help.

WAND:
Wood: Pink Ivory
This pink-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the soft-spoken. Possessors of pink ivory wands are, in most experiences, usually very shy but well-respected. It's not known of a single instance where a pink ivory wand has been discovered in the possession of a dark witch or wizard. Pink ivory wands are among the most resilient and have often been observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use. These wands are often looked over because of their sweet appearance but they can make for very strong spell making.

Core: Fairy Wing(s)
This core makes for a light, airy wand, and is the absolute best for Charms. They also signify a connection to the mystic, so these wands, despite their relative rarity, are used by nearly half of known witches and wizards with the Sight. Despite their astounding strength in Charms, they are merely average in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration, and will often fail at hexes altogether. As such, they’re not commonly found in Slytherin House, but are common in Hufflepuff. Ravenclaws and Gryffindors may be drawn to this core, although they tend to react better to blends of fairy wings and unicorn hair.

Length: 10 1/2 Inches

Flexibility: Swishy
il_fullxfull.79993859.jpg

Breena Brightwood
vEmKj0LGa8d472eDs4Uc--1--3dnnz.jpg

Birthday: September 20th
Birthstone: Sapphire
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Height: 4' 6"

Lineage: Pureblood

Personality: Kind, Genius, Observant, Punctual, Logical, Studious

Romantic Interest: Ronald Weasley

Personal Story: Ever since she could remember she has played Wizard's Chess with her father, who taught her the game. She has won countless chess tournaments of the Wizarding World and is one of the top, if not the top, Wizard's Chess player in the world currently. The Brightwood family is a well-known-family of intelligence and genius's. Great things are expected from Breena Brightwood from her family and it's Breena's determination not to sully the family name.

House: Ravenclaw

Quidditch Player: No

Pet: Female Calico Cat
Name: Cali
images

Best Classes:
Core Classes: Astronomy, Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic
3rd - 5th Year: Arithmancy, Divination, Study of Ancient Ruins
6th & 7th Year: Advanced Arithmancy, Music (Plays Violin and the Cello)

Patronus: Crow
The crow is a very well-known bird that some believe is an omen of dark magic. But if this is your Patronus, don’t fret! The crow is very resourceful, ambitious, and cunning. Once they set a goal, they always seem to get what they’re after. Crows are also fearless. Regardless of what sort of creature they find in the way of their goal, they will do anything they can to overpower it. They are also very smart and have been observed using tools to achieve their means. This is a Patronus anyone should be proud of having!

WAND:
Wood: Purpleheart
Purepleheart is one of the uncommon exotic woods with healing properties. Purpleheart is one exotic wood that should be introduced to a very bright wizard who excels in academics. Purpleheart is a hard wood to control and will often backfire on those who are known strong enough to wield it. Intelligence is key with purpleheart as it is not a very susceptible wand wood and does not take lightly to those who do not know how to use it to its potential. Purepleheart is a purple-brown wood that compliments itself with various shades.

Core: Unicorn Hair

Length: 14 Inches

il_fullxfull.3291300047_grre.jpg

Silvia Silverstone
3f2763a0898941c0a42f6ce6e54f181e.jpeg

Birthday: July 30th
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 4' 8"

Lineage: Half-Human, Half-Vampire

Personality: Quiet, Shy, Studious, Intelligent, Distant, Aloof

Romantic Interest: Draco Malfoy

Personal Story: Knowing that she shares the same birthday as Harry Potter is not something Silvia is fond of. Like Harry Potter himself, her parents and home was murdered and destroyed by Voldemort. While she isn't mean to Harry and his friends like Malfoy, she and Malfoy become fast friends and eventually more. Professor Snape sees and knows what Silvia is and takes her under his wing. She seems to excel in his classes and he even goes so far as to make blood potions to drink when she feels the need.

House: Slytherin

Position: Beater

Pet: Female Eurasian Eagle-Owl
Name: Urma
images

Best Classes:
Core Classes: Astronomy, Dueling, Flying, Transfiguration, Potions
3rd - 5th Year: Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies
6th - 7th Year: Alchemy, Apparition, Dark Arts

Patronus: Blackbird
The blackbird Patronus appears to those who try to help themselves. Blackbirds are mysterious and intuitive, appearing when needed most. Blackbirds keep their secrets and will protect yours fiercely. While they may not be the most ferocious protectors, they are one of the most mysterious and magical. Keep well your own counsel, and you may have a blackbird to help protect you in the darkest of times.

WAND:
Wood: Bloodwood
Bloodwood is a very tropical red wood that is very good for quick reaction, making it a perfect dueling wand. The bloodwood is an excellent stirrer for potions as well. This wand wood is best known for allying itself to dark wizards who perform the dark arts as well as vampires.

Core: Vampire Fang(s)
Vampire fangs are a very versatile wand core and can be either Dark or Light. The vampire fang has no certain divinity and will choose what it’s owner chooses as it is a very loyal bond. This core works well with Charms, and Divinations. Often this wand is exceptional for potion stirring.

Length: 12 1/2 Inches

00d8f4bec80167c14f62425f8107b34b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back